- I am a passionate advocate of Agile and Lean principles
- I have 21 Years experience as a professional software developer backed by a passion for programming stretching back to 1981
- I practice and coach others in BDD and Software Craftsmanship
- I enjoy technology
- I deliver software that matters
- My current interests include machine learning, data science, containers, event sourcing, reactive architectures
2014 – 2016
Senior Software Developer, Team Lead
In-house tech lead working alongside ThoughtWorks in a cross functional agile/lean development team.
Our team was a highly creative and collborative environment. We were runners up in the Spark the Change award in 2014.
2006 – 2013
Tech Lead, Agile Advocate
I led the introduction of agile principles to the software division of the company. Although I remained a hands-on developer throughout my time at BCS, my role expanded into other areas as necessary.
The introduction of agile practices produced a remarkable improvement in software quality and the productivity of the entire software team.
2005 – 2006
Consultant, Coach, Developer
Recognised as an international leader in Agile software delivery and enablement, consultants are appointed after a rigorous selection process. Only 1 in 200 candidates are accepted.
During this time I worked alongside some of the pre-eminent thinkers in the software industry, and experienced agile processes in large-scale projects.
I worked as a consultant on a number of major projects for high profile clients, at all stages of the project lifecycle.
Centaur Media is a leading UK-based business information, events and media group
I led a team of 5 developers using Extreme Programming to deliver web presence for a number of the company’s divisions.
Freelance programmer — 1995 – 2003
I worked with a variety of commercial clients to produce a range of applications. These included:
- Thomas Cook Tour Operations (formerly JMC Holidays): the design/development of the treasury system which tracks the company’s foreign exchange holdings. Contract extended twice to produce a transfer planning application for cost effective transfer of passengers between airport and holiday destinations.
- Prohire: Development of a multi-site reservation system for the leading car rental software supplier.
- Analystic Ltd: Working as an analyst/programmer for a small software house on various bespoke projects.
- Mentor Computer Services: A staff time management system for McDonalds UK using Delphi and SQL Server 6.5.
A PDF version of my cv is available here